TODAY IS April 20, 2026
AROUND ME We have been having some beautiful weather...warm temperatures, sunshine, blue skies and fluffy white clouds! However, that all changed Saturday night when the temperatures began to drop and the rain began. Sunday was even forecast to see some snow flurries!
I AM PONDERING what special people those who read here are. I want to thank each one of you who have prayed for me during my break. Strongheart came down with a virus first that sent him to the doctor, and four days later I came down with it. After 10 days of trying to treat it on my own without success, I went to see my NP who diagnosed me with bronchitis. I'm better now but I want you to know that I appreciate each of you. Some of you contacted me personally or left comments on the blog for me. I so appreciate your concern.
AMONG MY FAVORITE THINGS
I AM THANKFUL FOR the group of ladies who attend our Ladies Bible Study each month. They are such a blessing to me. Their support and wisdom are treasures to me.
NEVER TOO OLD TO LEARN (OR BE REMINDEDOF) how the grace of God sustains us.
FROM THE KITCHEN
SOMETHING I REALLY ENJOY working in my flower beds.
"So teach us to number our days,
so that we may present to You a heart of wisdom"
Psalm 90:12



I'm so happy you are doing better. That was a long time to not feel well.
ReplyDeleteYour bottom photo is so pretty.
I really like that copper pot. I hope it works for your utensils.
I stayed up too late last night finishing Glory Road. You were right, I really enjoyed it. Thanks for the review!
Yes, it was, Mari. But I am so thankful for feeling well again! God is good...all the time.
DeleteI'm thinking the copper pot will work well with the wooden utensils. The small pottery jug I currently have them in is too small and they all look like they are jammed in it.
You are welcome for that review. I just finished a book this evening that you will also enjoy. It is 344 pages long and I started it on Saturday evening and read the majority of those pages today in between doing loads of laundry.
Glad you went in to see the NP and got a diagnosis of what has been going on. Glad you are feeling much better as well.. You have been on my prayer list. This is the cutest little copper pot. Perfect for holding utensils and copper pots never go out of style. I love eggplants. My grandfather grew fields of them and of course, my mom fixed them on a regular basis, in all kinds of ways. Eggplant parmesan, fried eggplant wedges...YUM!! I have not had time to read anything for the past few months...but hopefully, I can add this back into my world. Hope you have a fabulous week and keep getting stronger each day... hugs to you Dianna.
ReplyDeleteThank you for your prayers, Shug. I so appreciate knowing that you were praying. I know...I love copper anything because it reminds me of my paternal grandmother. She loved copper also. The eggplant recipe is really good. We love eggplant around here, too. xx
DeleteI'm happy to read that you are feeling better. That copper pot will be a great container for your kitchen utensils. We were just talking about eggplant and some of it's interesting properties this weekend. That dish looks yummy. Praying as I type that you get better and better with each new day and that Strongheart does, too, with some built up resistance to the nasty bugs going around!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Ellen. It's great to be feeling well again! Strongheart is also doing much better. That was one nasty bug!
DeleteGlad to hear that you are doing better. Nice copper pot, I used to have one years ago. Have a wonderful week.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Bill. It's great feeling well again. Copper is my favorite metal...brings back memories of my paternal grandmother.
DeleteSo glad you are feeling better! I've really enjoyed our Bible study this semester, too. We have a nice mix of older and younger.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Barbara. Your Bible study group sounds great!
DeleteSo pleased to read you are doing and feeling a lot better now.
ReplyDeleteYour Spicy Mozzarella Eggplant Tray Bake looks delicious, I am so pleased you enjoyed the recipe.
Many thanks for your comment on the low carb diabetic and also for the link back here in your post.
Good wishes for the week ahead.
All the best Jan
Thanks so much, Jan. It's wonderful feeling good again!
DeleteOh, that eggplant recipe is wonderful and will be fixing it on the regular. The store I shopped at didn't have any red chilis, so I just sprinkled some red pepper flakes over the eggplant and the remainder of ingredients on the tray. It turned out great and my husband really enjoyed it as well!
Sure glad to hear you are feeling better now. What a great old copper pot!!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much, Karen. When I don't blog, you know I am sick! :) Thanks, I like the copper pot also.
DeleteNice to know you're feeling well again. That Tray Bake looks so good. Jan posts some tasty recipes.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Friend. It's wonderful to feel good again. And I agree, Jan does post some tasty recipes, and I have made many of them. xx
DeleteWhat a cute copper pot! Perfect for what you'll be using it for. I love vintage things like that. I'm so glad you are finally feeling better. Bronchitis is no fun. Our weather has been much like yours but no snow flurries, thankfully! Have a wonderful week.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Friend. It cleaned up nicely today and I did transfer some of my utensils into it, but I'll have to live with it for a while to see if I really like it for that purpose. It's so wonderful to feel well again! Our temperatures dropped to 29 F last night.
DeleteI am so happy you are feeling better!!
ReplyDeleteThanks, my friend. I continue to pray for you. This weather has to be bothering you with all of the ups and downs.
DeleteSuch a pretty pot!! I'm so glad you are feeling better...and, I too, am asking the Lord to help me number my days for His glory!!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you are feeling better!!!!
ReplyDelete