Friday, March 1, 2024

Be Encouraged

 Earlier this week I was reading over at Lisa's blog where she was sharing about her overall One Word for 2024.  She mentioned that even though her One Word was Curiosity, she had been setting smaller goals to focus on words that go along with Curiosity and how that was affecting her life.

I started pondering my One Word for this year, which is kindness, and what other words would be necessary or help to describe kindness.  That meant thinking about words that describe the character of kindness.  

Immediately, two words came to mind.  I would like to share one of them here today as a way to encourage you.


(photo courtesy of Pinterest)


20 comments:

  1. I like that...being calm in dealing with others. Happy March to you, dear Dianna!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ellen. And happy March to you as well. xx

      Delete
  2. Gentleness - another fruit of the Spirit. Goes right along with kindness. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and I am learning so much about kindness from so many aspects. The Holy Spirit is such a wonderful Teacher.

      Delete
  3. so beautiful and I love you that you wrote the word focus and that was a word on my blog, like minds and all of that stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww .. thank you, Friend. You are so kind. And the word FOCUS is an important one. Love how we both had that in mind today. xx

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Yes... and hello Holly. It's good to hear from you. It's also the opposite of pride which I'm learning more about as I memorize Romans 12. xx

      Delete
  5. That's a good one and I feel it really describes you well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, my friend. xx

      Delete
  6. A great word - I agree with Mari, it describes you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, thank you for your kindness. It brought tears to my eyes. xx

      Delete
  7. Gentleness and kindness....we need to cultivate those fruits of the Spirit in the garden of our lives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So well said, my friend. I appreciate you. xx

      Delete
  8. I do not think too many would use "gentle" or "gentleness" when describing me - but I sure would like to be more gentle. Calmer in both spirit and action. Something I need to ask the Lord's help with...thanks for the nudge today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, thank you for stopping by. If you needed the nudge you are welcome, but don't be too hard on yourself.

      Delete
  9. Such a perfect choice, Dianna! Gentleness is such a godly trait and one that I admire, in whoever it shows up in.

    ReplyDelete