Friday, March 15, 2024

Be Encouraged

 My daughter-in-law gave me a precious gift at Christmas.  It's a book called Gratitudes & Beatitudes that is put out by The Keeping Company. It goes through parts of Matthew 5,6, & 7.

In my morning reading recently the Beatitude was Matthew 5:5 which says, "Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth."

Keeping on the look out for words that are aspects of my One Word kindness, I was delighted to find these words in the prayer that the author wrote out...

"Grant us meekness - a quiet and humble spirit, 

a gentle and grateful demeanor."

There it was again...that word humble (humility) that I'd begun seeing just days prior to this, as well as gentle that I recently shared.


I'm documenting these things here that I might see them often.
And I am enjoying having your company on this journey.

Also for your encouragement 


14 comments:

  1. There is so much wisdom in those few sentences, and it's a good thing for me to be reminded of frequently!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was encouraging. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Humility and gentleness seems to go along with kindness. Encouraging post here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our pastor is going through the Beatitudes for our Sunday Evening church hour. It's been very good. We all need to be reminded often of truth. I'm always in need of a good dose of humility. That is a good article to read at your link. It called out to me on the list of links Challies shared. I had such a sad text conversation with an old friend of mine who announced her departure from church and Christianity. WHAT?? Have a lovely weekend, Dianna.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry about your friend announcing her departure from church and Christianity, Ellen. That's so heartbreaking.

      I enjoy Jacob's posts. He says a LOT in a short amount of time.

      Delete
    2. I can understand leaving a church as I do not attend church and haven’t for many years as I cannot find one that truly teaches the words of God. But to leave Christianity is truly heartbreaking.

      Delete
    3. Tina, my email is in my profile if you ever want to use it. It truly is heartbreaking to see someone leave Christianity. I know...we have a close member of our family who has done so.

      Delete
  5. Thank you for sharing this Dianna, much needed reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So true. A lot of people have the wrong idea about meekness!

    ReplyDelete