Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Sausage, Peppers and Onions

 



Italian Sausage, Peppers, and Onions

1 pound Italian Sausage

1 green pepper, cut in strips

1 red pepper, cut in strips

1/2 large onion, sliced

2 cloves garlic, minced

1 can (15 oz.)  Italian diced tomatoes

1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning

INSTRUCTIONS:

Brown the Italian sausage and place in bottom of crockpot.

Add all remaining ingredients to crockpot and give a quick stir.

Cook on low for six hours.

Once the six hours are up, I turned the temperature up to high on the crockpot, made a bit of a slurry with cornstarch and water and added it to the mixture in the crockpot.  I put the lid back on and let it cook on high for about 15 minutes so that the mixture would thicken.

I served it over spaghetti noodles.



16 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great! However, green peppers to not like me. I would have to double up on the red peppers... LOL! Thank you Dianna!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red or yellow peppers would work fine, Monica.

      Delete
  3. Oh yum...I love green peppers. Well, red, orange and yellow peppers too:) I'm sure dinner was quite delicious at your house!! Hope you are having a good week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We really enjoyed it. As a matter of fact, there was just a little bit of the sauce/sausage/peppers leftover so we ate it on sub rolls for lunch.

      Delete
  4. A great warm meal is worth a lot...
    I appreciate it very much.
    Hug to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Viola, for stopping by and leaving kind words. xx

      Delete
  5. Sounds like the right combo for topping pasta!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a local restaurant that we go to who makes a very similar entree and it's what we often order when we eat there. They make the best Italian foods and we assumed all along that they were both Italian. I recently got involved in a conversation with the Mrs. and come to find out both she and her husband are German-Irish! :) They may not be Italian, but they certainly know how to make Italian food!

      Delete
  6. Oh my word, this looks fantastic (I can almost smell it!) and I have nothing like this in my repertoire. TG would love it. Duly copied! Thank you, Dianna! xoxo

    ReplyDelete