Wednesday, September 25, 2024

Apple, Pear, Walnut Crisp

 


INGREDIENTS:

4-5 Granny Smith apples (I used Empire and Golden Delicious)

3 Bartlett pears

1/2 cup walnuts

1 cup sugar (I used maple sugar, but you could use coconut or granulated sugar)

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 tsp. nutmeg

1 tsp. cinnamon

1/4 stick butter

2 cups flour (I used King Arthur's 1 for 1 gluten free)

1 cup brown sugar

1 cup butter

INSTRUCTIONS:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour and brown sugar.  Add 1 cup of butter and mix on low speed until crumbly.

In a medium bowl, whisk sugar, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon together and set aside.

Peel, core, and slice apples and pears.  Put in a large bowl, add walnuts.

Mix in sugar mixture and stir until all fruit and walnuts are coated well.

Pour fruit mixture into a 9 x 13 baking dish.

Add the remaining 1/4 cup butter (sliced) and just place on top of the fruit mixture randomly.

Add the flour mixture on top of fruit and spread evenly.

Bake uncovered at 400 degrees F. for 40-50 minutes.

Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.

20 comments:

  1. This sounds very good! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We enjoyed it. It was easy to take the recipe and make the subtle changes to fit my dietary needs.

      Delete
  2. Dianna this looks so good that I have copied the recipe! I love pears. Thanks for sharing! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for letting me know that you copied the recipe, Jenny. Pears are my favorite fruit...especially in the fall when they are in season.

      Delete
  3. Apple and pear goodness galore! Looks amazing. We are back in the states at Josh and Laura's and will finally be home tomorrow...Lord willing! Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Ellen. I'm so glad to know that you are back in the States now. God is good! Looking forward to hearing more about your trip, my dear friend. xx

      Delete
  4. I'm sure this tastes lovely.
    I like the mix of nutmeg and cinnamon spice too.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jan, for your kind words. I made another pear crisp later on and it had the nutmeg and cinnamon in it as well as cardamom. It was good, but we actually preferred this recipe that I've posted here.

      Delete
  5. This looks delicious! I love a crisp equally as well for breakfast as I do dessert!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now your comment made me :), Julia. We feel the same way about crisps.

      Delete
  6. That looks like a winner! I know Bob would be enjoying it. So, I better get some apples.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mari. Yes, I think you should get some apples! :) xx

      Delete
  7. This sounds delicious and easy to make :)

    ReplyDelete