Wednesday, September 4, 2024

Chewy Granola Bars with Coconut Oil

 


CHEWY GRANOLA BARS WITH COCONUT OIL

2/3 cup coconut oil

1 cup chocolate chips

1 cup peanut butter

2/3 cup honey or maple syrup

2 1/2 cups Old Fashioned Oats

1 1/2 cups Rice Krispies

1 1/2 cups mix-ins such as dried fruit and coconut

1/4 cup mini chocolate chips

Melt oil and 1 cup chocolate chips together, remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and honey or maple syrup.  

Mix together dry ingredients and then combine with liquid.

Line a 9 x 13 pan with parchment paper.

Press into pan.  Top with mini chocolate chips and press down.

Refrigerate for 2+ hours.

Cut into bars and store in fridge.

SIDE NOTE:  After cutting these into bars, I wrapped each one individually before placing them in Ziplock bags and putting them in the fridge.  I had heard that these could be a little messy because of the chocolate but by wrapping them individually, we just used the "wrapper" to protect our fingers from the sticky.

14 comments:

  1. This sounds wonderful! It ticks off all my "snack" boxes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, those look great! Thanks for sharing another great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look delicious! I love granola bars. I like that this recipe uses coconut oil and maple syrup.
    Thank you for the kind comment on my blog. My daughter is a joy to homeschool. She is the most kind-hearted girl I know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julia. I have been making some changes here in my diet...just small things (like cutting out the gluten) and it's making such a huge impact on how I am feeling.

      Your kind-hearted daughter takes after her sweet mama. xx

      Delete
  4. I love granola bars with both chocolate and peanut butter. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are definitely tasty, Barbara, and so easy to make!

      Delete
  5. Those bars look tasty, great to take on a walk when I go. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome, Bill. I hope you will enjoy them on your walks.

      Delete
  6. A great recipe that doesn't involve turning on the oven.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was a smart way to package them for future consumption.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ellen. The first time I made them I used Cling Wrap and it worked beautifully but it did make it a bit difficult to get them unwrapped so when I've made them since, I have used waxed paper. Strongheart definitely appreciated the change. :)

      Delete