Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Sweet Potato Pie

When talking with others about sweet potatoes, Strongheart always tells people that I have a good recipe for sweet potato pie.  So, when he realized that I was posting pictures of the first of the sweet potatoes that he dug, he suggested that I include the recipe for the pie.  Seemed like a good idea, so on his authority here is the recipe that I obtained from a blogging friend from years ago...Mary Zatlik.

Sweet Potato Pie

3 Tablespoons flour
1 2/3 cup sugar
1 cup mashed sweet potatoes
2 eggs
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
Pinch salt
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup evaporated milk (NOT condensed milk)
1 9-inch pastry shell

In a large bowl, combine the flour and sugar.  Add potatoes, eggs, corn syrup, nutmeg, salt, butter and milk; beat well.  Pour into pastry shell.  Bake at 350 degrees F. for 55-60 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. I don't think I've ever had sweet potato pie....I should do something about it! lol!

    ReplyDelete